Functional Integration and JKA Approach for Special Needs Children and Child Development
The one to one work in the Feldenkrais method is called ‘Functional Integration‘.
Here we can address specific issues related to your movement and well being. The way of working is more specific and tailored to your needs and interests. I work with people of all ages from young children to the elderly. Some have more debilitating conditions than others. It is my belief that all people can benefit from Feldenkrais lessons whatever their skill, training, background and current condition.
Functional Integration can be beneficial for
- Recurring and chronic joint and muscular problems
- Recovery from surgery and injuries
- Improving sleep and breathing
- Daily movement (such as walking and sitting)
- Rehabilitation from strokes, MS and other chronic neurological conditions
- Improved performance and well being in the work place
- Refining skill and technique for professional and amateur dancers, musicians, actors, singers
- Other movement teachers, i.e. yoga, pilates, martial artists when Feldenkrais Method can compliment existing practices
- Athletes recovering from injuries and wishing to improve their sport action/performance
- Gaining self awareness to give a positive change in other aspects of life
I practice in
Princedale Rd, Holland Park, W11 4NL and Streatham Hill, SW16 2TE
Home visits are sometimes possible.