My enjoyment of movement enticed me to a Feldenkrais class. Although it wouldn’t be outlandish to say, at one time we all loved to move! After my first class I felt a profound sense of coming home to myself. This might sound off putting in an era of sound bites and empty words, nonetheless this is how I felt; something inside myself had woken up. Although I began the method to improve physical things, and my dance injuries did fade, I quickly realised something else was happening to me. I became more emotionally balanced, less stressed, less tense. And I was able to cope with the very difficult life situations I was experiencing at the time more graciously! So this sense of finding our inner resourcefulness is key. Previously I’ve worked as a dancer, choreographer, waitress, teacher, farm helper, office worker, life model, playworker, special needs learning assistant and masseur.
I work with the Feldenkrais Method with adults of all ages and backgrounds, and special needs children.
- Certified: ‘Jeremy Krauss Approach’ (JKA), Training Programme for Special Needs Children – based on the work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais
- MA (Dist) Choreography and Performance
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Programme (4 years P/T)
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education Dance (PGCE)
- BTEC Massage Anatomy Physiology
- BA (hons) Dance Studies
- Diploma Dance Studies